Friday, September 23, 2011

Why exactly beer in a plastic bottle is considered not so good?

Why exactly beer in a plastic bottle is considered not as good as in glass or tin? What exactly is the difference?|||When I started homebrewing, I bottled my beer in 16 or 20 oz plastic PET "1" bottles. They are food grade and do not impart any flavor into the beverage. That is why you get water, soda, juice etc in these bottles. There is nothing wrong with plastic bottles, as long as the beer in them is worth drinking, and not that Bud/Miller/Coors crap that very many people insist upon drinking. In fact, I imagine I will recieve a few thumbs down on here just because I dissed those type of beer drinkers. ;-)|||Liquid tends to absorb things from their surrounding. It's to do with density and osmosis.





Even when they're encased by a solid material they still absorb flavorings.





Glass is the most hydrophobic material you could find without having to go through NASA to get some high tech gadget.





And it's known to have no natural taste, as it is a very brittle material. It's so dense that no other particles are allowed to attach itself. Which is why glass feels 'slippery' when contacted with water, because watter cannot cling onto the surface of the glass.





Hope that answered your question :)|||The container does not affect the taste but the taste buds on your tongue pick up the metallic taste from cans when you drink from them and this gets mixed with the taste of the drink. Glass containers have no taste discernible to the taste buds, and unless you're drinking out of something made out of a type of plastic with a POWERFUL smell, chances are it won't matter either.





Besides, I always pour my beer into a plastic bottle whenever I'm not supposed to have it in public.|||LMAO


Why exactly IS beer in a plastic bottle not considered good?





Light penetrates the plastic that might cause it to skunk.


Odors might penetrate the bottle also ruining the beer.


Plastic tastes? Not so likely.


Preference.|||To me it is not so much that it's a plastic bottle, as much as the beer that is inside.


Unlike many people here in America I don't like Miller Lite, Busch .. you get the idea.|||I think people are turned off by it because its new and weird.





Not to mention that we don't need more plastic in our landfills.|||its gross, the kind of container its in affects the taste, plastic is terrible, glass is the best|||probably glass helps keep it cold?? Idk, but I do know you can't bust a plastic bottle over someone's head.|||I guess its the container that affects the taste of the beer... after all it's a plastic bottle|||according to me beer is not good at all for health no matter where it is

No comments:

Post a Comment