Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beer drinkers? Do you drink it for the taste or for the buzz?

I have tried and tried to aquire a taste for beer, are there some beers out there that taste good?|||It is an acquired taste, but the fact that it tastes different from everything else is what makes it so popular. Try beers from different countries, as everyone brews it differently and has a unique taste. Belgian beer is very strong and sweet, whereas English beer has a relatively low alcohol content, but is creamier and has a powerful taste.





If you really don't like it, stick to alcopops. If they don't get you drunk fast enough, add a couple of shots of vodka to it. Watch out though, you'll be on the floor sooner than you think!|||Both!|||the buzz|||I definitely drink beer for the taste. I am what one might call a beer critic of sorts. I have tasted beer from all over the world. Most of the mass produced beer we see in the US like Miller, Budweiser, Coors barely scratches the surface of what true beer tastes like. There are so many more levels of beer flavor....some taste like coffee, some taste like fruit, some taste very bitter, and some sweet. Go out and be adventurous with beer, you really don't know what you're missing until you do.|||Oh Yeah ! FOR BOTH !|||There are some beers out there that you can learn to enjoy. However, I would still say that 90% of the reason most people drink beer is for the effect.|||A lot of people drink it for the buzz I think, but there are some who actually do appreciate the taste. Personally, I appreciate Blue Moon and Hefeweizen- both white ales and they go down smoothly. Beer and pizza together though- it's like magic because it tastes so good...|||Taste, I rarely drink more than 1 beer in a sitting. The only buzz I like is adreneline from playing sports.|||Originally for the buzz, it all had the same taste back then. But as you get older you begin to find out just which beer taste better to you. Now I can only drink Corona, Guinness or Tucher. Hienikens make me gag.|||i think good canadian lager is refreshing crisp and clean soo tasty good5% beers like labatt blue %26amp; mooosehead.|||I drink liquor straight or on the rocks for the effect and mixed drinks or beer for the taste. You're right, you have to acquire a taste for beer. I think they all taste different. You should try beers from different countries. I love this german beer - Warstein, but can't stand Corona's. I think Coors and Miller are really mellow - they're good beers to drink at a bbq or with pizza. PBR is just crap, I wouldn't reccomend it. But everyone has different preferences concerning taste. You're best bet is trial and error. I know some people who just LOVE PBR. What weirdos :oP haha jk.|||I DON"T drink beer because of the taste.|||I'd say 90% for the effect, 10% for the taste.|||i like darker beers and imports, i use to drink solely for the buzz but once i got away from budweiser, miller, and all that crap and started buying the more expensive micros and imports i found out beer actually does taste really good|||Well, once you brake past the barrier of getting over the taste it somehow does become about taste - buzz applies always.





Alcohol itself is nasty. It's not like it's cherry pie or pudding - something tasty - it is a chemical that people lie to get a buzz off of and spend great effort on making it accessible as possible to the palate. So, it's more of a "what you can stand" versus "what do you like". People just make it sound all tasty to make themselves seem more sophisticated than they are; especially wine drinkers. I have rich relatives and the most expensive wine I have drank with them was a $4000 bottle of something. It tasted no different than the $8 bottle at the grocery store. They both tasted like crap. I don't care how long you "smell" it or "twirl" it, or what kind of grapes it is, the difference is negligible in my opinion.|||I like the taste of a good beer, as long as it is ice cold|||European or Canadian beer - both





American beer - neither|||yesssssssss there are more then you could ever dream of. first things first, when you first start drinking, its 99.9 for the buzz and rebellion stuff like that. then as you start drinking more and more, you discover why everybodys doing it. beer is awesome. so you stop drinking, bud/natural light, 40OZs, and the like. well you dont really stop, you'll still drink these at parties. but you'll find yourself taking a sixer of some really good American beer/Import to a party. pretty soon its a case, then before you know it, you have a keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for New Years instead of PBR. Then you're speding $5 on a pint of beer at the bar instead of $2 for draft domestic. There is a whole ton of beers to drink. I hate recommending stuff to people but what i like is Newcastle Brown Ale, Fat Tire, Bass, Guinness, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, most Sam Adams, Red Hook, Heineken(reg and dark), and lot i cant even name that are in Germany. If you have the means i recommend traveling Europe and you will truly discover what it's all about. Kruezberg in Germany, is the last Monastary Brewery thats not controlled by a company or whatever. It has THE greatest beer in the world. But to save time i just advise that next time you're wherever it is that you buy booze, to find a 6 pack of bottles that you've never heard of and give it a try. That's what ive been doin since junior high. Peace|||The buzz|||Beer is an aquired taste. I used to HATE it, but I do like it now. I drink it for the taste though because it's extemely hard for me to get drunk off of beer. I've pretty much stuck to Bud Lite, Bud Select and Miller Lite. To me they're all good.|||well I like some beers, not so much the dark ones because they are too bold. I do drink it for the taste, and the buzz. Some that I like are, Coors Light, Michelob light, Corona light with a lime and a salted rim.


A drink that I sometimes make for girlfriends ( usually in the summer though) is a mix of Corona lights and a can of frozen limeade. lots of ice and add some cut limes. It cuts down some of the beer taste. The only one I like that is a little darker is the Strawberry blonde, but I can't remember who makes it.|||buzzzzz|||both, it depends on the time.


some people drink because they have had a bad day, others drink beer with a pizza for the taste. it just depends on what kind of person you are.|||I have found that you need to taste a lot of different beer to find out what you like and don't like. I used to hate beer, but now I love it. (I still hate the domestics, Bud, Coors, etc., they're too tasteless and bitter for me) I would suggest going to a microbrewery bar sometime and ordering a sampler of beers. Most microbreweries have these, they are usually a group of 4-6 small (3 oz or less) beers that they make in all different flavors. That way, if you hate one, you don't feel bad for wasting a beer and you can find out what your taste in beer is. Then someday you may find out how great the combos of beer and hamburgers or beer and chicken wings really are! yum! (ps, you may need to visit more than one microbrewery, some are just nasty, lol)|||The taste.





There are lots of different beers with different amounts of hops, rye, etc... that will change the flavor.





Budweiser, Miller, etc.. almost killed beer in the US.





Micro brewers (see if you have one nearby with a tasting coming up) Leinenkugel's and a few companies like Sam Adams, , etc... have brought it back with taste being the primary factor.





There are Ales, Lagers, two pulls (mix of both), mead (made from honey), and several other types of beer with emphasis on flavor. Bud, Miller, etc.. all taste terrible to me. So try off brands with the help of a tasting to see just what you like, I have found that i developed a taste for it over the years and used to like thick lagers, but now I like anything, except Miller, bud, or other mass made stuff.





You could always try making your own, good way to see what makes a good beer. But the wait can be torture. ( No as seen on TV stuff either)|||I hate beer! And to answer your question, no and no. It tastes nasty and if all you want to do is get a buzz, there are soooo many other drinks that do the trick. My man says that he has learned to like the taste. I don't know though.|||I drink it for both reasons! I love beer, but I rarely drink the "cheap" stuff. Experiment with imported beers, or try mixing it with gingerale or a slice of lime to modify the taste a little bit. So refreshing!|||you develop a taste for the buzz, babe|||If I'm drinking a beer, it's because I like the taste of it. Same with wine. I'm content with having just one beer, nobody should get a buzz from that. Probably would have two, though. Actually, I haven't had any alcohol in a few weeks, I used to drink (almost) every night a couple months ago. Didn't mean to, classes just needed my attention.





Anyways, if you've been trying to acquire the taste for Bud, Miller, Coors, Corona, Red Stripe, Tecate and any of the "Lite" beers, you won't be able to do it. It's not drinkable, they simply don't taste good.





I think if you want to learn how to appreciate beer and not just drink it because you want to get buzzed/drunk, then you need to understand what beer is supposed to taste like. I think if I knew what I know before I started drinking, I would start with wine first. If you can enjoy a full bodied red wine, especially a merlot or cabernet sauvignon, then you should be well adjusted to the idea of a bitter drink. From here you can start with some better beers, not overly bitter. Newcastle would be a good start, all my friends I've given that to loved it, even my Asian friend who can't stand beer. Moving on, Sam Adams (really, any style), and Sierra Nevada would be good choices after that.





If you enjoyed those 3 beers, you can start to drink any beer and find good things in it. I'd reccomend you just see what beers you might be interested in trying when you're picking up some Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada. Then, go over to www.ratebeer.com and see what people said. The percentile is a good indicator. I believe Newcastle is 48th, meaning it's better than 48% of beers. Budweiser, etc, are all 0%. I'd drink anything over 70th percentile without much thought. Between the 50th - 70th percentile, it's kinda of hit or miss. Anything under the 40th percentile you should pass on. The site is somewhat skewed towards darker beers, because they do have more flavor.





BTW, Starter dark beers, if available: Sam Adams Black Lager, Harpoon Munich Dark, Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale (it doesn't fit the style like Newcastle Brown Ale does). You should be able to find the 1st one easily, the other 2 are more east coast beers.|||of course for the taste, try light beer it taste so good and its less filling|||One never drinks beer for the buzz. You have to go to the bathroom too much.


For buzz, vodka.


If you look for taste and buzz, Belgian beer (14%!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment