Friday, September 16, 2011

What is the best type of beer to go with a steak and potatoes dinner?

I'm making the boyfriend a steak and potatoes dinner tomorrow for Valentines Day, but I need to know what kind of beer will go best with it. He enjoys Guinness, but I feel like that's too heavy of a beer to go with the type of meal I'm making. Would a light beer go better? What type do you suggest?|||Give the man what he likes....|||A heavy beer would be well suited to this meal, some good beers are Old Crafty Hen (probably the best), Mcewans Champion, Newcastle brown ale, Bombardier (the black one). If you do want something a bit lighter then try some pale ales, Marstons do a nice Indian pale ale. If he likes bitter, get a crisper bitter and avoid the creamier bitters like John Smiths extra smooth, or Tetleys, although they are nice, you want to get a heavy but crisp beer for it.|||As someone who also loves Guinness, let me suggest if I may....





Negra Modelo--while dark, it isn't So Heavy that your meal


will be overmatched, and still it has an authentic dark appeal.





If you can't get ahold of Negra Modelo, perhaps a Samuel Adams


Ale or Stout will do in a pinch such as your special day today.





If a Lager is the only option (the "yellow," or commonly seen


kind in our States), I can't think of a better taste than Beck's.








Try 'em--I'm sure he'll at least be content. And maybe


you'll be won-over a bit as well!|||I'm an Anchor Steam sort of gal myself, but I've also enjoyed Sapporo with a steak a time or two. If your guy prefers a heartier beer, go for the medium bodied to dark beers. You might visit your local brew pub and ask them what they suggest. There are also some great flavored beers out there right now, but be careful that they don't taste too bitter against the steak.|||Guinness is the obvious answer but if you don't want him to go to sleep after that hearty dinner on vday ;) i say give him a nice light premium beer. Something he hasn't tried before.|||Before I opened this question, I thought Guinness. If he likes Guinness, give him Guinness!|||I prefer an ice cold Miller Draft or Budweiser in glass bottles for this type of meal myself.


If you know what he enjoys.....that might be best....only a suggestion...Have a NICE dinner together!!!|||Guiness|||Don't drink beer with dinner. If he doesn't like wine, give him water with ice and lemon.|||corona|||ale would go best with steak try hoegarden its really nice. They would sell it in the bigger stores or bevmo etc

No comments:

Post a Comment