Friday, September 23, 2011

What is a good brand of beer to cook with?

I'm making Beer Bread for a party this weekend and the recipe calls for 12 oz of beer, but doesn't specify a specific brand. Which ones are good for cooking with? Should I use a lite or regular?|||Use a light beer. The flavor is less intense.





Besides that its not really worth drinking. :-)|||Use any beer that you'd want to drink. Same with wine. Crap wine makes crap food.|||Just use a beer you would drink, I generally use Miller Lite or Michelaub Ultra.|||Regular is all you need.I cook with beer a lot and I use any thing cheap.It cooks out any way....|||Typically and medium bodied beer will do. I love beer bread and I love to cook with beer. I usually use what ever it is I'll be drinking that night. I like sam adams light personally. But any beer along that line will do.|||My favorite beer to cook with is Newcastle Brown Ale. It makes a great marniade base, too.|||When I was a chef in Canada, I actually like to use de-alcoholized beer, as there is a most intense beer flavour, plus being without alcohol it can be used in batter, breads and other cooking recipes and not have a lingering beer or alcohol flavour.





In the U.S, I would use O'Douls or the Budweiser brand, it also goes flat faster, Regular beer is to harsh and as the active yeast in it can change things, the theory that you use what you drink is old fashioned, as most people would not sacrifice a $40 bottle of wine to marinate flank steaks or make gravy for roast beef, use something you like or a generic product, there all the samen and you cannot tell after things are cooked anyways.





I have made a german beer and cheese soup many times with domestic and imported beers and non beer, and you cannot tell what has been used in the end.|||try something light. We did Heiniken once and it was too overpowering. I prefer drinking Corona but i never had it in a beer bread. Just stay away from the cheap stuff.|||sierra nevada pale ale








mmm good

No comments:

Post a Comment