Friday, September 23, 2011

How long does beer stay good for?

I know there is the born on date, but from that date how long is beer good for if kept refridgerated? Does can or bottle make a difference?|||Sam Adams brewery tells people on their brewery tour that a bottle is best in 6 months, and a keg is good for 3 months. It lasts longer than a keg becuase it is pasteurized. You can still drink the beer after 6 months, but the quality should start to dissapear|||About 6months, after that it will start to taste bad.|||In my house it keeps for about 1 hour|||Beer lasts better in a bottle than a can. There's usually a best before date on the label.|||um idk i dont drink (yet)|||Don't know. I have never had beer in the house long enough for it to go bad.|||usually it is best within the first 110 days but if you leave it opened it doesnt last for more than a couple of hours


1 tip can is better!!!!!!!!!!!|||I think it really depends on the kind of beer. I'm no expert, but I would think that beer can last up to a year after you buy it, maybe even longer. I have had some beer in my fridge and drank it a year or so later and it was fine.





As for the bottle/can issue, bottles seem to keep the foaminess better. I think the beer is colored glass keeps longer because it keeps the light out better, which I know can add to the fermentation process.





Best thing to do is drink it as fast as possible, that way you don't have to worry about things like this.|||I left a 6 pack of Rolling Rock in my mothers fridge when i moved out. 6 months later i took it home and drank it. It didnt seem different to me.|||I would have to say if kept refridegerated it will stay good for as long as its cold but never put warm beer back in fridge it will never taste the same.|||If there is a "Born-on" date that means that it is an Anheuser-Busch product. They typically taste the freshest before 110 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment