Saturday, October 1, 2011

What is the best beer to use for onion rings?

I usually use Coors Light (it's what my dad drinks), but it kind of taste a little funny. I've been told that it may be because it's a light beer. What brand of beer would work the best? I ask because I don't drink, so I obviously don't have any preference for beer. I'd like to know what works the best.|||I try to not use anything too expensive that I would rather be drinking. Rolling Rock makes light and tasty onion rings.|||When I made it I used a de-alcoholized one as your do not need the alcohol, so any one like O'Douls or the Michelob one with 67 calories, it does not fade like real beer and has less carbonation, here in Canada I use Labatt's 5 or Molson Excel we sell that in the grocery stores, we do not have real beer there it is sold in a specialty store.|||Melissa, I use a dark lager, It's a little darker than Budweiser, but not black beer like Guinness.





I have used Budweiser and Molson X, it's okay, but not as good and robust as the darker beer.|||Nothing too hoppy. I find that any ordinary lager works very well.|||Dark beer has more taste than light for cooking.|||room temp bud light!

No comments:

Post a Comment