Saturday, October 1, 2011

Has anyone ever used a beer can in a Turkey?

I have heard that you can place an open/punctured beer can inside a turkey along with vegs, when roasting. This is supposed to make the turkey very moist and tender. Anyone ever hear of it?|||Here's the chicken recipe. It should work with turkey too: http://www.united-nations-of-beer.com/be鈥?/a>|||i think that it wuold just give you someof the juices from thee trukey so you can make a nice gavy. If you mean putting bea in the trukey then yes it doesgive it more flavor. but i likewine better|||Not in turkey but in a chicken and it was great!|||Tried it in a chicken and the taste was great. Can also use soda instead of beer and remember to empty out some.





A friend of mine cooks his turkey with ginger ale inside and swears by it saying it just falls apart. What he does is make sure you rinse out the bird, shake some salt %26amp; pepper inside then he splashes the ginger ale around as best as possible inside. Next he puts in a hot oven for about an hour (400 to 450) and then he turns it down to about 150 I believe, then he lets it cook alnight. He usually does all the above and then goes to bed. I guess everyone just raves about it. I haven't tried it yet.|||I hadn't heard of that. I have heard of using sliced lemon or an orange. Have to admit, when I saw the question, I thought you meant an UNopened can, I can imagine the impact when it gets hot! (hehehehe)|||yes,i have done that w/a chicken..mmmmmm very juicy.you daont have too use beer you can use water in a soda can,too|||yeah, my dad did it one year and it turned out really well.|||yeah i heard it was good|||stuffing it with cut up lemons %26amp; oranges will make it moist %26amp; give it a citrus taste.|||I saw Mathew McConaughey do this on a talk show one time. He just popped the top on the beer and inserted it inside the turkey cavity. The turkey was sitting up-right though, and then when cooking the heat would make the beer bubble up and infuse the turkey meat- which apparently makes for a moist turkey.|||I havent used the beer can whole, but I have put beer in the stuffing, and used the rest for turkey basting and consumption.


A littel for the turkey... a little for me...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment