Saturday, October 1, 2011

What beer is best to use in a chili recipe?

I'm competing in a chili cook off, and I already am going to have to work the hardest because I'm submitting vegetarian chili (using the fake meat crumbles). It will be a traditional red chili, but I wanted to give it a little something special by adding a beer. Most recipes I have found just say to use whatever your favorite brand is. But I really want it to be good. Any suggestions? Is light or dark beer best for this? Thanks! :)|||Amber flavored beer seems to work the best for me. Dark beer seems to overpower all the other ingredients when used. Amber kind of mellows out and doesn't overpower. Good Luck!


|||I use miller lite and it works great for me.


I think it's okay to use anything that you would drink yourself.


|||Lone Star

No comments:

Post a Comment