Saturday, October 1, 2011

Can you substitute pepsi for beer in a recipe for onion ring batter?

I have a recipe for onion rings and it calls for 1 cup beer, but can be substituted with carbonated water. My question is do you think I can substitute with pepsi?|||All the no-s are mistaken. I have done this and it is good. It is also good with ginger ale or 7 Up or plain old club soda.|||It just doesn't sound good, you know what I mean?|||Yuk-no!





The sugar and color would be a big problem.|||I wouldn't try it, it just wouldn't taste good. I would omit the beer and increase the water.|||You can do that,but, did you know that cooking with beer disolves the beer, there is no alcohol after cooking with it. But Pepsi sounds like a really good idea.|||no I wouldn't|||Heck yea, I think it would give it a nice Carmel color and flavor. I have a southern cook book and they do all kinds of things with cola, fried chicken and vegges and cakes and cookies. Go for it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment